Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Time Is Now

June 7, 2011. This is a new chapter. Tmrw I start my first shift at Myer. I am so proud and honored to work for Myer, especially at the Myer Bourke Street branch. Myer Bourke street is the flagship store out of all of Australia. The biggest. Myer, the company has been around for 100 years now, opening its first store in 1911 in Bendigo. I'm happy to work for such a big company that have been around for so long and who's employers have been around for so long. The weekly newsletter commended 25 years of service for a few employees.
What I wore for Myer Induction Day
Now that i have handed in my final assignment for uni, i need to have some big plans. im being thrown into the real world, no hiding behind the 'uni' excuse no more. im ready! i plan to make it big,
make money money money
I plan to stay at Myer Melbourne for a good long time. I'm gonna work hard, sell lots of shoes (im stationed at the shoe department for now, but will work my way into the Basement) and prove to them I can go above and beyond. I'm gonna be good at this and im so excited to start. I realise i change jobs every year on average. It's just over a year that i've been at jwow but i still plan to work there. I've never done jwow for the money. If i did then i wouldn't be there. I'll do it for the jwow family and fun. Bartending was never a job for me, its just having fun from 3-4am and getting free money. I have probably made 100 or more facebook friends just from working at jwow. I love the social life! Hopefully myer and jwow dont clash. It does this friday when i finish at Myer at 4pm when im meant to start at jwow at 3pm. I have my shift covered at jwow til 5pm when i go in and start working. Myer from 12-4pm, jwow from 5pm to (hopefully not) 4am. Then Myer from 12-8pm the next day. I will be so wrecked. But thats kinda the appeal of it all. I'm still young and i wanna work hard. I crave it. Bring it on BITCH.
raking in that cash
I can't wait to have my own house. I can't wait to decorate it. To make it my own, White walls, antique furniture. Very French. Fluffy couches, pillows, beige wicker baskets, floor to ceiling glass windows letting in natural light, chandelier, luxurious fine weaved textures, geometric Art Deco inspired patterned rugs, hand carved wooden detailing, exotic flowers, intricate vases and picture frames, massive gold rimmed mirror. My house is gonna look gorgeous.
French chic
I have another style in mind as well. some would describe it as old fashioned, slightly victorian. I take inspiration from The Wallace Collection in London. a must see if ever u are in london, i absolutely love this place.
Unnecessary and intricate detailing means you got the money to blow
This is the only case where I'll ignore the 'form follows function' design rule
Art Nouveau staircase
seeing these pictures make me miss london so much. i miss everything about london.
What I love about London:
public transport
food
markets
mulled wine
fashion
Primark
Top Shop
Oxford Street during xmas
the intelligent accent
Style
museums.. of EVERYTHING
friendly people
shopping
not being surrounded by asians
music
British TV
people actually walking through parks
strange looking dogs
unpredictability / getting lost in a city i love
What I hate about London:
the weather
London calling
I miss London so much i feel emotional. I'm sad and my eyes are actually watery. I want to go back because it will make me happy. I'm so glad i made the decision to go. okay moving on.. sadly...
I've got plans and written a list of all the things i wanna contribute my time to since uni is gone. besides working my ass off and ignoring the healthy recommended work load i will dedicate my energy to:
  • designing and finalising a tattoo for myself
  • printing tees that i like instead of paying a fortune for them
  • bargain hunting at op shops and ebaying
  • jwow promotional material
  • collecting homeware items i deem essential for my future home
  • planning my holiday in philippines
  • sewing and customising clothing
  • more house work
  • perhaps a pet dog :)
  • expanding my mind by learning more e.g. books and short courses
My future looks bright. The time is now. I'm so excited about my future. I have put together a 'Book of Inspirations' - things i see in magazines that i like. fashion, style, interiors, hair, poster designs, anything.
I got out of my $176 train ticket fine. I wrote a letter showing ample evidence of my intentions to get my concession card renewed. And to my complete surprise they let me off with an 'official warning'! I was home alone when I found out. I let out at massive victory grunt.
YES! FUCK YOU.
I swear too much. But its okay, I'm an Australian. I also drink too much. Same explanation.
Don't Fuck With Me - Jai Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment