Monday, December 14, 2009

Cockroach Egg Noodle Soup

I've had an angry weekend. I hate it when things aren't fair, I want to do all I can to make this right. First Bentot's iPhone gets stolen, then Bentot accuses me of smiling at another guy at Lions Pub and now we find a cockroach in Bentot's chicken egg noodle soup while eating at Quang Vinh, St. Albans. They replaced the soup with another one, but insisted I pay for the replacement soup. I would not! And after much explaining they reluctantly agreed. I have written a complaint letter about the hygiene of the restaurant and how they handled my situation. It was emailed to the Brimbank Council just hours before this post. To whom it may concern, I am writing to complain about the kitchen cleanliness and handling of complaints at a popular St. Albans restaurant, Quang Vinh. My partner and I were dinning at the restaurant about six o'clock in the evening on Sunday the 13th of December. We both ordered chicken noodle soups and it didn't take long for our meals to arrive. After eating all the wontons and drinking the soup, my partner discovered, what he claimed to be, an insect floating in his soup. At first sight, it looked like a small chunk of chicken but looking closer I saw a distinctive oval shaped body with several insect legs attached. The insect was white in colour but the shells were still recognisable. It looked like a baby cockroach, the size of approximately five millimeters. Disgusted and convinced it was an insect, we immediately notified the embarrassed waitress who hastily took the insect away (which we had placed on a small dish) and simply ordered us a replacement noodle soup. I asked if I had to pay for the replacement soup. The waitress said the cockroach soup was free of charge but the replacement soup was not. She insisted the replacement soup was the solution to the problem. I felt this did not solve the problem at all. If one meal is infected by a cockroach, other meals may also be infected. If the cockroach was a baby one, I assumed nests of cockroaches are breeding close by. Customers should not be paying for contaminated soups or anything that came out of an insect-infested kitchen. I took this matter up with the lady at the counter who also insisted I still had to pay for the replacement soup (especially that my partner had eaten it) as well as the other meals I ordered. After much explaining, the lady reluctantly removed the fee of the cockroach soup. I thanked the lady for her understanding but received no response or no eye contact. I feel I was not taken seriously and nothing will be done in the future to prevent insects from falling into food for unsuspecting customers. For nine months now, my partner and I are regulars at this restaurant, sometimes eating there three times a week. We are good paying customers and are usually very happy with the food and service here. This is our first complaint at Quang Vinh and I am disappointed it wasn't received with professionalism and courtesy. I would like to know what actions can be done to take this matter further. Please contact me if further information is required. Thank you very much for your time. Yours sincerely, Jennifer Sato It makes me so angry, I wish I had taken a photo of the thing so I could publish it to the world. Ew. It's 4:12am and my mind refuses to let my body sleep. Instead I am looking at internet images of tattoos on girls. I want to get one before I die, preferably a massive one on my back. I will start with a small one on my wrist so I can prepare myself for the pain on my back. I want to feel the pain, and I want to decorate my body with art and meaning while I'm still young. I want something meaningful, something that reminds me how to live the way I want to. I have decided I don't want text, only images.

No comments:

Post a Comment