Sunday, February 5, 2012

Feeling So Alive

FREEDAY

Friday i had work at jwow at 9pm. Dave comes in shortly with four pieces of Gami Korean fried chicken as I requested. He asked me if I wanted to go to Alumbra, entry fee, drinks and sheesha paid for. Okay. I feel bad asking Yao if i can finish early especially that there were a few people around still. I really needed the money but truth is, I just wanted to go clubbing. I'm still in holiday mode and when that happens, I overdress. We caught a cab to alumbra and I had my first grape/mint sheesha in over a month and I was overdosing on that shit. Sheesha mixed with alcohol makes you feel even more drunk. I met a lot of Dave's friends and bumped into a few familiar faces, including the ones i had served at jwow just under an hour ago.

The entrance fee and music at Alumbra is shit as. It's not my type of crowd but they did look very beautiful. The girls certainly dress to impress and it's difficult to tell which ones aren't a one night stand. I've heard from a friend that 'Alumbra girls are all sluts' which I think he means they are all very playful. And playful is where it ends. I can see where he is coming from. The girls go dressed up and all out, make up - hair - heels and move in packs. Cheerleader effect. A guy feels intimidated going up to them and if he does, he might get shut down because he's not good enough or maybe used for his money. Anyway. Thats just me being judgemental. Dave wanted to dance but I was hating the house music, I'd rather inhale second hand cigarette smoke on the deck and cough out blood for the next week. When I dance to house, i start off doing stupid little dance moves to loosen my body but after a while, I know i cant continue like this..

I get a msg from Dave telling me to meet him in the VIP room. The only reason why I got in before is because I was friendly with the bouncer and established a trust relationship with him.


Hey, my friend Albert is DJing. Can I go in and say hi?
Do you have a VIP wrist band?
No but I only wanna say hi. Promise. Give me 1 minute
One minute??
No, give me 30 seconds. Okay? Start counting ... now!


When I asked him how long I was in for he said 17 seconds. I said 'SEE??' So when I came back for another try my face was already familiar.


Hi can I say hi to my friend the DJ again?
I thought you already said hi
But I wanna say hi again, please?
Okay I'll give you 30 seconds
Can you times that by 10??? Okay thaaaaaankks! :D


Hehehehe I grab my friend and we're in. I liked the song choices in the VIP room. When a good song comes on I think 'I'm going to remember this song so I can listen to it when I get home' but i never do, its shit. I wish there is some way to bring up the songs I like (that I'm not aware of until they are played) from the past.

After Alumbra we were salivating for some Fun City Tasty Toasted Lamb Kebabs with lemon juice, garlic sauce and (paul's suggestion) cheese. We caught a cab to fun city kebabs before heading home, the cabby had a kebab too. hehe. I slept at 5am with a tummy full of kebabs.


SATURDAY

Wee hooo no hang over and its time to pick up my car from Keilor Plains station. I'm developing a bad habit of leaving my car at the train station over night because I cant drive after I drink, but I dont wanna take the bus to the station incase I dont end up drinking and need the car to go back home. I wish people weren't so fucking stupid to be stealing other people's property. I should be able to leave my car, locked and no have to worry about it not being there the next morning.

Saturday morning, my car is there. Relief! What is mine is still mine! I shower. Today is the day of my epic hair cut. Hair is very precious to a girl, especially if your someone like me who has grown their hair for SIX YEARS. I love hair, I'm very experimental with it and in the process has had to cop all the bleach, hair dyes and razor blades. My hair was accidentally longer on the right side because the fucking unqualified home hair dressers in Footnam left the bleach in for too long that my hair burnt and needed to be cut off. My hair, once so thick and healthy is becoming thinner because it just snaps off in the shower when I comb it. It was time for a hair cut.

The night before I was debating in my mind as to whether or not i would be happy with the outcome. I wanted something much shorter, up to my jaw line but still with the asymmetrical tail on the right side, just for comfort. If they fuck up my long hair I would be sure to cry. I felt like calling up and cancelling the appointment because I was nervous.

The next day I woke up really excited for this hair cut. YEHHH CUT IT OFFFFF! I went to Rising Angel on Sydney Road, Brunswick for the first time. I chose this place over Tony& Guy because the pictures on the website where pretty punky. Shaven, bright coloured hair, spikey.. really avant garde stuff. Plus they were also a pericing place. Kudo cool points. It was gonna cost me about $125. You know you're going to an expensive salon when they offer you coffee, tea or BEER!

Danny, the middle aged English born and rised, tattooed, pierced, skinny jean and tshirt wearing, unruly hair punk rocker/skater boy cut my hair. I briefly explained to him what I wanted in the nervous English I was using and showed him me pictures which he didnt take too long to look at. He was all over the situation and understood what I wanted because he didnt ask many questions. I told him what I would like and he would say what would or wouldnt look good. He's been a hair dresser for 10 years, trained with Tony&Guy and worked with Synergy, top fashion hairdressers. He's travelled around the world and even worked as a hair dresser in the resort at Uluru. He said, most of his friends growing up where in punk bands and they all cut each others hair - he was just better at it and decided to take up hair dressing. He's house mate used work at Rising Angel as a colour technician but not anymore. The house mate used to teach colour theory at Tony&Guy.

It felt good having my hair chopped off. I didnt see how much was on the floor bcoz the other girl swept it away. He told me to close my eyes for the entire time he was cutting my fringe until I hear him turn on a razor.. 'Dont be scared of the razor', Danny says. I have complete faith in him. the other hairdresser really liked my cut, saying she envied Danny for being the one to cut it. Hehe.

The cut ended up costing $100 which I was completely happy to pay for. I had a good hairdressing experience and felt so comfortable. I'm so happy I went there and cut my hair the way I did. Definitely go back and recommend to anyone who wants something crazy.






Check it out.
After 7 years of hair growing now this!


Inspiration

After the hair cut I had to pick up sheila from the train station. She was sleeping over because tonight we were gonna go out WOOOOHOOO. We drive to Victoria Street were we have Korean BBQ at Hallah with phuong and kathy. It was meant to be a triple date but I brought sheila because I'm incest. I shared two bottles of soju before we left to visit the good people at Jwow. I drink more alcohol here before we catch a cab to the Galley room where Amin was Djing and Rasheeda was celebrating her bday. It was good to see the Jwow crew, I missed them. The power tripping security guard was pissed me off but couldnt say shit to me when I had a VIP band on my arm. We danced a little, drank more until Dave unexpectedly came to take us to Loft.

I wasnt really down for Loft, been there done that and CB with entry fee ARGH. But I thought it would be good to take sheila to as many places as possible. Plus, if we went with Dave, we wouldnt have to cab it home. ka CHING.

Loft was no longer Loft. It was Club Yo-Yo, the new Se7en night club and it was OFF THE HEEZY. I wasn't aware that they had renovated the interior, black walls with white paint to highligh architrave's, high back single gold pimp chairs with the back facing towards the public.. the crowd was mixed, not fobby asians, no sleezes or try hard TB's.. there were Kanye quotes printed on large posters on the wall, and everyone was dancing. DJ Sef is my new and favourite club DJ because he had me and Sheila dancing for about.. 45 minutes? Maybe more?? We were high on nothing but water and sweating threw our clothes. I had so much fun and sure got the most outa my $20 entry fee, especially with all that iced water we drank. The only reason why we left is because the DJ sneakily changed the RNB to house. Ssshhhhiiiittt...


No comments:

Post a Comment