Friday, February 3, 2012

Tuesday Is The New Thursday

I had an average of 4.5hours sleep every work night since I arrived two weeks ago. I am surprisingly energetic when I wake up and manage to pull through the day sometimes without nana naps. If it was up to me, I could sleep for 9 hours but it seems my body is comfortable with 5 hours of sleep. I may have established a sleeping habit of 5 hours. RAPT! I have always admired Tita Grace's 5 hours of sleep energetic ways. Today i worked from 8-1pm. I spent 15 minutes of my shift choosing new shoes to buy and wear. Alexa Black Goat size 6. Yeeheee new SHOES! its been AGES but this time I feel guilty for buying. I'm not gonna get a lot of money in the next month and I've just spent half of what I would earn next week. Anyways, my shoes looked good and complimented my outfit. Every single one of the girls commented positively on how I looked. Aw thanks! ;)

I'm in the city a lot. Well aware of the fact that the Sydenham train departs from Melbourne Central, I like to walk to Flinders Street station. I'm exposed to the public a lot, taking public transport, walking around the city, going shopping.. I'm rarely at home. The number of conversations between randoms on the street is rising.

Tuesday as I was waiting for a friend at Fed Square, I was playing with some birds. They made me laugh and I looked up to see if anyone saw what the birds were doing. An asian guy came up to me for a chit chat. Turns out he arrived in Melbourne just a couple hours earlier, checked into a hotel and came straight out. It was his first time in Melbourne, he plans to stay for 12 days. He came alone. He's name was Roy and Roy was Korean. He's english was very good and he was a genuinely friendly guy. He studies dentistry in Korea, a course that goes for 8 years! But at the moment, he is travelling the world alone. ALONE! I admire that. My friend finally came and we were all talking. Roy eventually left probably feeling awkward at third wheeling. I was a little disappointed to see him go, I should have offered to show him around melb.




Interaction with nature


Today as I was walking through Australia on Collins I noticed a man walking the same pace as me. If I slowed he slowed, if i quickened to overtake, he continued beside me. He started a conversation with me saying that I looked familiar and did I work at the NAB? He asked for my background. I told him.


I saw you from back there, you have an interesting face.
Yes, I noticed that your walking pace slowed.
Yes, I wanted to talk to you.
Oh so I didn't look familiar??
No, no.. still familiar.


The man parted ways when I needed to take the escalator down. He said good bye and take care. I told him 'see ya later'. The outcome: not so creepy. When a random wants to talk to me,
I shut em down with body language. If they succeed with a conversation, often its a friendly and comfortable one. I feel like a total cocky bitch. Sometimes people just wanna say hi.


What I did after work:
Post office to send some filippino gifts to Nga
Myer to hand in availabilities
Visit Stu at Sure Store
Stand underneath the Flinders Street Station new cooling system which I think is clever
2:17pm train because the 2:01 never came
Drive home from station
Eat left overs
Go to Savers
Lazy Moes, Chicken Risotto for dinner, I never finish my food
Home
Visual merchandised my jewellery on my new table
Sorting out my shit


_________________________________


Tuesday is absent for the next three weeks.


My shoe size is mens size 5
Why are you telling me your shoe size?
Women's clothing size 8
I wont be buying you clothes
Preferred colour is black
I'll buy you chocolate
Prefer lollies over chocolate
Chocolates for you!
Preferred natural and handmade objects
Yeh I'm not getting that. I want to breeze through customs
Ube pulbaron
Not allowed
Smuggle it in like cocaine
Hell no
Mens shoe size 5...


Today I went savers and impusively bought a coffee table. WOOOO! I love FURNITURE! its hand made buy someone like my dad. If you flip it over you can see the carpenter pencil markings and the varnish very roughly painted on. Its completely made of wood, heavy wood. Even heavy for vman to carry. I like. The table top is slices of tree trunk, showing lines indicating how old the tree is. It's so very beautiful. I had to have it for my future house. it cost me $40 and vman was there I had to get it today! Its currently in my room holding my all my jewellery :)


My new heavy weight wooden table


cant wait for saturday when I get a total hair restyle. I dont know how I'm gonna feel about loosing most of my hair. I'm kinda nervous but excited at the same time. If it was short, it will just have to remain boofy and spikey. Yes to healthy hair that doesnt break when i wash it with conditioner!