Sunday, March 25, 2012

I'll Love Him And Call Him George

Hao Phong, Footnam
Savers, Footnam
Highpoint, Maribyrnong,
George Lane Way Bar, Melbourne
Trunk, Melbourne
Tasty Toasty Kebabs, Braybrook

Pro street artists painting the lane way
Skateboarders doing their thang in a half pipe
Live Aussie Hip Hop
So much ginger beer that I swear I've had my serve of 5 vegetables yesterday.


We had lunch with Joel and Helen in Footscray. We dont have to walk far to see a group of male junkies standing around in a circle taking a verbal and very emotional beating from a fellwo junkie lady. You can tell a junkie from a normal person by their tendency to group together or make friends with you if they are by themself. They also have a very determine walk and look in their eye. Their clothes are sports gear/comfort wear made of some parachute material or fleece. We passed about three groups of junkies. We went to a 'hip hop' store that stocks things like fake hip hop associated shoes and clothing, fake g-uni and dickies, oversized bling bling pendants in the shape of a dollar sign or Wu Tang logo, miniature pistol belt buckles... I visit the Filio shop with the sign outside that says 'We Don't Sell Fireworks' and bought some San Mig coffee mix that reminded me of eating breakfast on the beach in Bacolod. I love footscray. So much character.

This place is pretty cool. Dirty grungy. I met one of the bar owners and the manager (same guy) who was really friendly and hooked us up with free drinks and jagamiester shots. Ugh. Jaga without chaser. Disgusting. There was so yummy tasting food e.g. bbq lamb on skewers with garlic sauce. They were charging for the food but I didnt wanna pay. James was getting hooked up with free food so I just ate his left overs. The girl serving him called me a seagull. I didnt know if I shouldve said something nasty back or not.

I was hypnotised by the skateboarders rolling up and down the half pipes then resting on the pipe's edge. Flipping 180 degrees. I was standing on a crate by myself just watching. I cringed when they fell but I secretly wanted to see them hurt themselves. The half pipe took the entire space of the room. There was a doorway but the pipe came up to your chin. There was a temporary stair case that led up to the half pipe.. definitely not one for the disabled. The pipe must have been built inside the room.

I drank so much that my heart was beating so very fast. My chest was aching and my lungs couldnt inhale as much as it could to make me feel comfortable. There was a mixture of cigarette and Ironlak smoke at a very short distance and I think this got to me. I didn't know how to make it better and it was getting kinda serious. James got me some water and I stepped outside the marquee to get some fresh air. Standing helped me breath better.

I introduced james to my favourite kebab joint ever. EVER. He agreed. In fact, I want some now.




Hookaj Pipes for $65 at Footnam



Free Drink Cards at the George Lane Way Bar



Live Aussie Hip Hop
This was the time I was trying to get my heart beating again



















Tried so many times to take a photo of these guys on the edge
Result: Unsuccessful



Street Artist Tools and Media