Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2nd Hand Loving

Because we cant all be virgins

I offered to drive Ate to Elsternwick. Big step for nervous driver like me. I was driving Ate's car which is different size and handling than my car. It was raining as well. I thought I was quite brave. 

I almost got into an accident. Missed the car in front by a centimeter because I swerved like crazy. My fault. It's okay. No one died.

Vista Laser Eye Clinic, Elsternwick
They had a Nespresso machine. Me and ate sure made use of that. After Ate intiated the coffee making, everyone else followed one by one. Everyone else is too shy. Pfft. If its there, its meant to be used. I had a hot chocolate. It was so good. Frothed milk makes a massive difference. 12 hours later and I'm still thinking about it.

Savers, Footscray
Oh yeah op shopping how I've missed your smell! I spent $80 here (after a 5% discount because I made a donation). I bought:
  • Navy Blue Woolen Varsity Hooded Jacket  (will compliment my blonde hair)
  • Green thick wooly jumper (will compliment my blonde hair)
  • Slim black metallic 90's ankle length dress  (will compliment my blonde hair)
  • Strange shirt collar  (will compliment my blonde hair)



Savers



When I tried on all my clothes, I would ask myself 'would this look good with blonde hair?' If yes, I buy. haha

Home, Kealba
Lunch is the last of my pasta bake

Bank West and Australia Post, Watergardens
Nothing interesting here.

Dry Cleaners, Caroline Springs
Dropped off my newly purchased varsity jacket to blast away those germs

Brotherhood of St. Lawrence, Burnside
It hit me, I'm into the 90's fashion. It used to be all about the 80's but more and more I'm pulling out 90's gear. Here I bought a black mini skirt with an invisible zip and a small triangular slit on the thigh. 

Salvos, Burnside
This is the third op shop today. Going through everyones pre-loved shit is depressing because all I think about is waste waste waste. We are so wasteful!! There is no way all this shit will move, I see clothes that I seen months and months ago, its still here. And people are going out buying brand new clothes, which in turn encourages the industry to keep making, producing which then gives us the option to throw away our clothes for the sake of buying new ones. some of these clothes still have tags on them. Vicious cycles. I thought they only existed in the form of love triangles and running back to a shit lover. It makes me angry. People need to travel to the Philippines and see how lucky we got it here.

although in saying that, most of the clothes at the op shops are the cheap brands that produce clothes with a timestamp e.g. 'trendy' clothes. These brands include
  • Cotton On
  • Supre
  • CK Morgan, DK, Sunny Girl or similar asian brands
  • Target, Kmart or similar department store brands
which makes me think its better to pay a bit more for quality and timeless fashion that wont have u throwing away and buying from them again. I know you do it because its cheap and good for a short term but comon, vicious cycle. Get outa it. 

I bought this really cool black thick stretch dress. It was tagged as size 12 but when i fit it it was perfect.  I like things that are made in other places besides Asia. This one was made in Australia. Represent. Again, it was 90s in style. Slim, sleeveless. High floppy collar with one side higher than the other. This reflected on the hem where one side was higher than the other. Damn this dress is hot.



One of a kind


Home, Kealba
Printed my holiday documents. Sumpai.

Home, Taylors Hill
I was so hungry. Mum cooked fried chicken. I ate about 5 pieces with two serves to rice. I get full easy when I binge eat. I ate til I was about to pop and when the rice ran out I just ate the chicken. And then I ate Salt and Vinegar Pringles, Shapes and drank a cup of tea. Ahhhhhhh.. I'm fat :D






FILIPPINO CANDY!!!!!


Me and Ate rock our Jordons


Interesting basket bag with black/yellow/white ribbon weaving
Metal chain weaved with nude paten ribbon. 
I didnt buy it though




What an interesting dress! So 80's. Did you know this is tagged as a size 8??
How baggy is this dress?? I love it from the armpits up.
I digging this pattern metallic teal fabric.


How clever. How precious




I go through my old wardrobe and pull out some winter shit for this changing weather.
I remember this jacket. I used to wear it when I was a kid but now it fits me a bit better,
even though it is still massively oversized.


I want this on me.