Sunday, January 15, 2012

Absolute

I drank too much last night. Me and jimboy were the last ones standing until he told me to go home because tito manual will ask where I am. I woke up with a headache and a stomach ache. A bird was chirping so loudly I was convinced it was inside the mosquito net with me. I was fine until I stood up. I felt like vomiting but I put it in my mind that I wont. Mind over matter, mind over matter. I walked down stairs to meet the rest of the family eating breakfast. Look sober, look sober. These people are too innocent to know what I get up to. I eat lechon and rice for breakfast and cranberry juice with ice. I escape Tito Manual and his meal time challenging questions based on logic and common sense. I go to the bahay kubu. When I see jimboy I smile and nod, he nods back. I know he knows I feel like shit and vice versa. Haha.
My stomach pains strike again. OUuuuuuu PAIN. I've been eating foods that my tummy thinks is strange. I announce to everyone I'm constipated (not hung over). I vomit in front of Tita Bebeing, in her pot plants. Hahaha. I vomit lechon and grains of rice which are still on the floor. Sheila says, dont worry, the rats will eat it. hahaha.
Filos are good at gossip. I tell mum I'm constipated. She goes into the house. As she closes the door behind her, Tita grace opens up another door and says 'You're constipated??'. What is this?!?
Sheila and Boy boy are going to Manila so I will be the only child of Tito manual for two days. I should probably go to manila but I cant be fucked right now. They are leaving tmrw so I have to buy tickets tonight.. my mind isnt set on traveling to manila right now.
Robinsons Mall
SM Mall
Giasano Mall
Oh god we did all there major mall in Bacolod in 6hours. We are so tired. I bought a shit load. I thought I would never finish the money that I had withdrawn. (I withrdew the max amount from the ATM and mum matched that with her cash).
Negrense Showroom, Robinsons Mall
I hold everyone up because I'm so exciting putting handmade and natural house ornaments into my shopping baskets. Metallic gold shells with rich texture cut into geometric shapes and placed carefully around a black picture frame and laminated with a gloss finish. I buy the matching bowl. It is shell back and front. I buy another two shell picture frames with of a different specie so therefore different textures. I buy a coconut shell turned into bowl for my sister and two jewellery boxes. One all black with mother of pearl cut into shapes to represent grass shards. I buy butterflies covered in resin. I'll figure out how to transport these things later. I want to buy chandilers, lamps, wall paintings and mirror wall decorations. Things are made of flora native to the philippines, I think they are beautiful.
I appreciate hand made and natural objects. These two factors ensure there will never be two alike. I like natural things because they tell a story, where they came from, what it went through, the conditions it survived in.. how they came to be in your had.. thats why I like my sneakers dirty. I buy Ate cultured fresh water pearls that are not perfectly. Buying hand made and natural things supports local artists and the philippine economy. It keeps people working. I hate buy expensive fake shit in Australia that is mass produced in china.
Primadonna, Robinsons Mall
I spend almost 4,000 pesos here because shit is so cheap when I convert it to AUD. $10 pieces of quality but also fashionable clothing.
Giasano Mall
I buy vince's niece underwear because here it cost less than $1 AUD for a pair. I see a young male holding up a pair of toddler underwear. He sees me pass and quickly puts it down with an embarrassed face. Mum needs to buy 5 million dusters (haggard maid dresses) but cant decide on colour. I busy myself with buying seamless underwear and feeling sorry for the helpful attendent because in the end I dont buy the seamless underwear. I feel bad that I didnt buy it so I bought a cheaper pair to make us both feel better. I buy a funky black denim dress with zippers on the sleeves to wear tonight.
It's karoke time as we had planned last night when we were all drunk. Tito nene said he would pay half and I could pay half. I feel good knowing at only 22 years old, I can provide for my 30+ cousins and uncles here in the Philippines. I feel kinda responsible.
8pm
Tito Nene: I'm still hung over
Me: Tito nene, are you coming tonight?
Tito Nene: What, Where??
Me: To karoke!! You said you'd pay half!
Tito Nene: I did?
Me: Yess!!! Don't you remember?
Tito Nene: oh yes yes. I remember
*goes to jimboy later*
Tito Nene: Did I really say that to Jenny??
MO2 West Town Hotel, Lacson Street, Bacolod City
It was never my idea to sing. But I did 'Stop Right Now' by the Spice Girls with Jimboy's wife and sheila. It was me, sheila, Nannah, reynard, Tito Nene, Tito Bebot, Jojo, Francis, Jimboy, Jennifer and we hired a room with Karoke Tv and a pool table. I was versing Jimboy on pool and I'm pretty shit especially when I'm drinking. I manage to have lost again Jimboy with just one ball behind because I secretly put my balls in the pouch when no one is looking.
Stevie Wonder - All I Do

No comments:

Post a Comment