Saturday, December 24, 2011

Eve

It's christmas eve. I had work at Myer yesterday and I love it when its quite and all the Myer staff stand in around in a large circle the reserves and eat chocolates. It reminded me of the last days of school in primary where there would be nothing but cleaning to do.. then making christmas decorations, colouring in Jesus pictures, making chains from streamers, playing silent ball in the class room, giving out christmas cards...
Last night I slept at 5am which is the first time in about 2-3 months. I found it odd that I heard the birds chirping and a little bit of dawn. I actually miss having a 5am bed time. Everything is so much more peaceful when you're the only one awake, summer weather is perfect nocturnal weather. And I wake up at 12pm when the heat is at its peak... ohh yeah boy.
I did a double shift yesterday. 3-9pm at Myer then 9:30pm-1am at Jwow, it was so dead and I had plans to get drunk. I had about 4 standard drinks of Cointreau lemonade and lime but that shit doesnt work. I may aswell not even drink if I dont get a bus. I was so bored I was making mocktails for fun and being extra extra nice to customers, even did table service .. laying fancy black napkins down as coasters before laying the drinks down.
A customer, who apparently works with Eftpos taught me something. If someone forges your signature paying with your credit card, you dont need to be the one who pays. Why? Even if the signature looks the same, you didnt sign it, you didnt sign the binding contract you have with the banks so the banks will pay for it. If the signatures look nothing alike, then the retailer/hospitality place/whatever will be at fault and will need to pay. But if you lie to the banks, and tell them you didnt sign something you did, and they investigate it and prove that you lied, you are in big shit. You'll get charged with fraud and die in jail.
We closed early and went to Golden Monkey. Then a 3am run to highpoint. I've never been shopping this late and I was surprised at how many people were still up shopping. I thought it was a pretty decent effort, but poor poor employees. I'd kill myself with boredom. I'd be delusional. Vman was getting grumpy because he was tired and he said I was only rubbing salt in his wounds by saying things like 'alllllrrrrright Mr. Grumpy, just because you're all tired and shit'. Haha. He told me not to piss him off. 'AAallllllrrrrriiight, far out'.
I went late night shopping with Dave again. I told him I needed to exchange something because I bought the wrong size. I told him to wait outside of the bra section. So I've gone up a size which amazes me because isnt it when you get older your boobs get smaller? My body is changing and adopting this busy schedule that I've emerged myself in. I'm over my cold, my muscles have grown and I'm physically and mentally stronger. I just need to concentrate on eating the right foods now. I have maccas at least twice a week and last night I had maccas and kfc in one day. My work friends at Myer are impressed.
Hannah: She eats so much maccas and look how tiny she is
Jess: Oh my god, I had a look at your facebook and they were all of like.. meat platters
HAHA!
Dave and I played a game. We had exactly $8 and 20 minutes to buy something for each other, another restriction was it had to start with the first letter of the other person's name, and it had to be useful.
I had the option of buying Dave a dartboard with some darts, dvds, or a multicoloured metallic men's g string except g string started with a G and not a D damnit. I got him a stainless steel mini pedal dustbin.. It wasnt really a dust bin, it was just something I wanted him to have because he's bin is shit. Dave got me a jug, a juice and a jar. Haha! He very quickly wrapped it with the paper he bought and tied it with a yellow fabric ribbon.
Me: How did you cut the ribbon?
Dave: I hooked it around my foot and pulled it.
haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment