Monday, November 21, 2011

Anything But My Shoes

I know I said I wouldn't buy anything this week to punish myself for buying so many new things last week but temptation presents itself in way where it is a crime to ignore it. When the opportunity comes you should grab it, don't let it go and never look back. Believe in your intuition! When you're heart urges you to wait to for assistance to have a closer look at the silver cross necklace in the display cabinet, well.. you gotta do what you gotta do.
I havent been op shopping in weeks, months simply because I have no time and these op shops aren't exactly in my way. I have a theory of: if you like it and you cant stop thinking about it, just buy it because chances are you'll still want it tomorrow and you may loose this opportunity. This theory particularly applies to op shopping and shopping overseas because of the low prices and these items tend to be difficult to find again. I'd rather deal with financial loss than material regret.
I'm particularly happy with the black pants I bought which dont look like much in the picture but in real life and worn they are gorgeous. They look and fit like American Apparel Riding Pants. They are made of some swimsuit material and even stitched that way which is strange but the fabric works well especially that they are ultra tight fitting. They are high waisted (what I need) and so very comfortable. I love em. They were $30 which is quite expensive for op shops and I'm not sure how they justified the price. The brand is Nag Wear and they are made in Australia.
My second favourite item is the silver cross necklace. It's simplistic and primitive in style. Phuong says it suits me. The silver is weighty, chunky and not perfectly finished which I like. It sits right at the colour bone, framing the neck and face. It features a toggle closure. the brand stamp says 'Anne Klein' which is strange because I thought Anne Klein is delicate and girly. If this stamp is legitimate, I'm thinking its sterling silver.
I initially thought the gold broche was a random squiggle that represented a thunderbolt. Cool. But when I took it home and flipped it around it resembled a christmas tree. Damnit, I accidentally bought a piece of christmas jewellery. Embarrasssssiinnnnggg. Not really, I'll just flip it over and make it a thunderbolt.
I bought two books: Angela's Ashes and Pride and Prejudice. The later book will teach me how to speak and be a proper lady. I've heard how much of a drainner the book is to read but if its a classic english novel I will power through it.
I got a heavy wooden/mother of pearl hanging decorative plate featuring intricate Islamic pattern work. I resisted the urge to buy more glass wear. I tend to pick up the ones made in England. I love all things that are warm, tribal, primitive, historic, natural... I collect so many house things I cant wait til i get a house and put all these things together!
This week is a new week and I've gotta get serious with my budgeting. I'm gonna write down all my expenses for the day, everything from petrol, bills, food, transportation.. then tally it for the week, minus what I earn. I'll note where I spend too much. I'll divide it by 7 to find out my average daily spend, then aim to reduce it by 25%. I think I spend too much on food because I dont wake up in time to prepare myself properly for the day.
Air Max's Red or Blue?
I was late coming back from break because today I found these babies. It's the first time in over one year since I felt a strong connection with a sneaker. The last 'non-girly- shoe I bought where my Timberlands in London this time last year but you wouldnt describe them as a sneaker. I saw the red from the display window, then wondered inside to find the blue. I was tossing over the red or blue but decided on the blue because the blue is fooking gangsta my blar. I like the subtle differences between the dark blues and the use of the black and white. It's difficult to make navy and black work together as both colours are so similar but this is a successful example of where it does work. Phuong and I agreed that this subtle colour way is 'very Melbourne', team it with a tight black outfit and BAM! respect points given. I'm so lucky I can fit into kids shoes because these babies are $99.
I was so delighted that my sneaker fascination has been ignited once again. I WILL get these I dont care about my budget. hahah. A shame that I wont be wearing these at work coz I'll be pushing my employment at tony bianco. While waiting for my train home at Melbourne Central station I wondered why I am so obsessed with shoes. Why do I love them so much? I began my love letter dedicated to shoes in general...
Why I can't get enough of buying and owning shoes.
I need to collect them. I have deep routed issues relating to collecting things. I need to have them all to be satisfied. It's also the way I organise and categories my collection. Seeing them in my cupboard placed systematically or on my feet looking good makes me happy. And since I've discovered my interest in 'girly' shoes, I need to buy for both collections.
I love it when strangers come up to me and comment on my shoes, even if they are not nice ones, I like that they attract attention. The shoes definitely make the outfit. If you disagree, you obviously don't know where to buy shoes from. Shoes can mean so much more to me than the dress, buy the shoes to match the dress?? Hell no. So many variations, shapes, textures, fitting, heights, the perfect combination of these to match the particular occasion. Some people buy shoes to simply protect their feet, I buy shoes to make my food look good.
I like how shoes tell a story, I love to wear my new shoes in ASAP because new shoes are just bland. I want the creases, the drink spills, the heel scuff, holes, colour fades and the bits falling off. Shoes are meant to be dirty, they are shoes! My shoes grow with me and the marks tell others and remind me of where I've been, what happened.. pretty much how what where when. I remember which shoes I've taken to
  • my most recent trip to Philippines and first trip the to the snow (Adidas Missy Elliot's),
  • climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge (Nike Court Forces),
  • London/Paris/Dubai and first night at alternative club 'Bang' (Reebok Freestyles and Timberlands),
  • African Night at Nyala/Black Pearl Part 2 (Reebok Ventilaters),
  • Jwow shoes (Creative Recreation), Year 8 - Year 10 at CRC (Converse Chuck Taylors)
When I don't know what shoes go with an outfit, I wear choose a pair off my 'versatile' list:
  • Nike pink/blue/white velcro ones
  • Reebok White Freestyles
  • Creative Recreations
  • Timberlands
It's 12:23am and I have spoken about shoes for too long. Wow. I have a problem.
I love my problem.
Joel froths over my Timberlands whenever I wear em. He finally got himself a pair from America. Size 11. I can fit my feet x3 in the space he has there.
Train station calligraphy.
The bottom one looks chinese?
The results of mine and Phuong's St. Albans dumpling shopping.
I draw on Vman's arm a penis disguised as a smiley face.

No comments:

Post a Comment