Monday, June 3, 2013

Daniel's

In New York, we went to a very sophisticated French restaurant in Manhattan. I've never been to a restaurant like it before, the waiter gave me a stool for my bag to sit, he moved the chair in for me when i returned from the toilets. Someone had hand written our place cards with our names and our menu's were personalised according to our gender. The waiters place and removed the plates all at once, they communicated with a look in the eye and a nod. They called me madame.

The food came out in small portions on a large plate, presentation exceptional and no photos were to be taken. The food was very good, it was a $118 three course meal. there was gold on my dessert. I was eating gold!

Despite the lovely food presentation, the hours it took to ready myself before hand... It amused me to think that all food turns to shit in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment