Saturday, April 7, 2012

You Are Average

And I'm looking for extraordinary
This wouldnt work out
I'm sorry




That Thursday

Work 9-5pm. I couldn't wait for it to end and my weekend to begin. I told my 2IC that work today is going to fly. And it felt like it did.

I finished. I went to James' house in Flemington to drink cider on his balcony as the sun sets over til 7pm. I am late for dinner. I am tipsy drinking as much as I can in the time it takes for james to get ready. I introduce Brian into mixing gin with cider with lime. I automatically wipe the rim of the glass with the lime because I miss bartending. It's just in my blood. We got into the car and proceeded to drive. James had the most brillant idea to pack what he called a 'traveller' which I thought was a pack of clothes in case I needed to crash somewhere. He meant I should bring with me a bottle of cider to take for the road. I thanked him for being so considerate.

The Mess Dining Hall, Bourke Street
I ran into the restaurant and all my work friends turned around. They knew I was tipsy. They kept commenting on what I wore. They were all prettied up in their black short dresses and high heels. I was in my 80's Adidas jacket, chains and purple velvet sneakers. 'You look gang as yo' During the times when no one spoke to me, I watched the video of the cute kitty over and over again.

Rooftop Bar, Swanston Street
I was worried I wouldnt get in because i was in sneakers. I didnt know how dressed up you had to be to get into rooftop. Vesna asked 'why didnt you bring shoes?' I tell her 'this is what I wear when I go out'. We got in and I drank sangria and some vodka.

Lounge Bar, Swanston Street
I meet up again with James, Brian and Rebecca. The place wasn't as packed as I thought it would be for an event. Perhaps it was the entry fee. MJ did however hook us up with free entry so we sure made the most of it. I was dancing with Rebecca and commented on her Tony Bianco shoes. Chic in Natural Chicago leather. A flattering shoe that I wish to get in the black suede. It's been a long while since I been to Lounge Bar. Nothing's changed, its still as trashy as it used to be. I used to go there with an old bf fore the $11 beer jugs when beer drinking was my thing. A total of two drunk guys stumbled back and knocked the tables into our legs. One of the guys actually fell on top of our table and onto glasses which shattered everywhere.

I found the music to be weird, just as I thought it was at the Croft when DJ Flagrant and M-Phases was playing. It's not really my thing to listen to. It was a relief to be outside on the balcony. Although it wasn't good to have my lungs infected with blue grade cigarette smoke and have my hair smell like that too.


Ty: So what's going on down there with that red dress?


He spotted her from a mile away. Ty's always smiling curiously at me like he knows all my dirty secrets and he likes what he knows. Haha. It was good seeing my favourite happy DJ's Amin and Ty after so long. Just hoping it wont be so long til next time.

Pretty soon me and James were passing out so we decided to get home. Kebabless.

The four of us caught a cab together. I thought it would be cheaper that we make two stops because James/Brian/Rebecca was on the way to my home. But it ended up being the same as if I had gone home/paid by myself because the cabbie got lost damnit.

I make a few drunk calls and text. Customary to my drunken fridays and saturdays. I dont think I'm annoying. I think people should be honored I'm thinking about them when I'm off my face. I make a drunk call to Dave when I get home. Its about 3am, so hey, what are you doing?? Sky diving.


Good Friday

I wake up at 1:30pm and freak out because for a second I thought I was late for work. My room is such a mess by the end of the week. When I wake up groggy on a Saturday/Sunday morning, it doesnt help to wake up to a messy room. Damn I'm so thirsty and hungry but there was nothing in the fridge. Theres a BBQ at vmans but when I look outside my driveway, I realise I have no car. I have to catch a bus to the train station to collect it. I hate wishing that my car will still be at the train station after leaving it there overnight. Why cant people do the right thing?

Luckily my car is still there. The streets on Good Friday are abandoned and the wind was strong but warm. No one was walking around. It was kinda eerie. I drive to vmans house after I wash the cigarette smoke in my hair only to have it soaked up with BBQ smoke. Ugh.



Messy room



Vmans got this little portable BBQ which he prefers to use over his big ass legit proper BBQ. He marinated chicken and pork with honey. He stuffed snapper (fish) and squid with tomato and onions and we BBQ everything. Vmans on this low/no carb diet so it's the first time I tried brown rice. It's different.. I dont like it. White all the way.


Hair




Garage BBQ. 
Eat meat.
 Good Friday


I do myself a maccas run and the guy at the counter recognises me from high school. I am ever so surprised when people recognise me. I am forever changing.


________________________________________



More 90s RnB Music Hunting

Donnell Jones - This Luv
Mark Nelson - 15 Minutes
Janet Jackson - Anytime, Any place
Joe - Let's Stay Home Tonight
Aaliyah & DMX - Come Back In One Piece
Lloyd - Valentine
Dwele - Find A Way


Horace Brown - One For The Money




Alfonzo Hunter - Just The Way




Janet Jackson - I get so Lonely






Montell Jordan - Get it on Tonight





Tweet - Call Me




Koffee Brown - After The Party



Kenny Lattimore - Destiny



Ginuwine - Ill Do Anything




Joe - I Remember



Rell - Let Me Show You



New Edition - Hot Tonight