Sunday, February 26, 2012

Did You Think I Was Gone Forever?

I went and lived somewhere else for a bit but now I'm back. I've been thinking, although I'd rather distance myself with these shit people, I do wanna continue what I do and keep the same residency for all my viewers.

Love and respect for people who love and respect me.

____________________


This week was full of ups and downs.

I found out on Tuesday that my best friend since high school is pregnant and due in August. Me and phuong will be aunties! I was so shocked when I heard the news, I hear most of my news from Whatsapp. At first i thought she was joking, but she has been in the U.S for ~6months with her boyfriend.

________________


Marc's last day at Jwow was on Friday. One of the Ubings is leaving, the jwow is dying and work is getting less fun. So we were drinking as usual. 3 out of 4 people who I asked to visit me pulled through. Ate, Jack and their friends came in. I got to make them surprise drinks. Luckily for them they werent so educated in the cocktail scene so I was blowing their minds and tastebuds with classic cocktails. Thanks Jen! This is yum! What's this? Can you be my bartender at my next party? Sure! Pay me $50, no $100!

They went up to Match Bar for more drinks and I went with. They were all tripping out because they thought I was working. I am, this is what I do when I work. Stand around, make drinks, drink them, go to Match and do free shots. Ahhhh what a job.

Im so happy that my favourite bartender is back in action, except now he's managing Match! I admire the talent of a bartender who can mix together any drink instantaneously. Hey Kris, gimme something really sour. Kris, gimme something coconut. Kris is always nice enough to hook me up with free drinks even when I bring my friends in. Ate and her friends notice this and thought I was the coolest guy out.

Fav cousin came in who we persuaded to wait for us to close so he could drive me home. But before that, we went to a Secret Society of Koreans where after a certain time, the venue can no longer legally sell alcohol but continue to do so. The only way you can get in is through a dark rape alley line with mysterious dark solid doors. It is the unmanned door at the very end of the alley with steel jail bars. You will have to be Korean or have the secret phone number to the place so someone will open the door for you. It's amazing.

Inside there are ping pong tables, a golf scene, pool tables, a band set up (piano), karoke and a gramaphone. They sell Korean and western alcohol as well as Korean food. Dave and friend were giggling like children while me, helen and yao kept our cool like we've been here a hundred times.

I got home at about 5am and pretty much fell straight to sleep. I woke up at 1:30pm today which meant I had 8.5hrs sleep. Since I'm used to 6 max a week, I felt so sluggish and tired like I had overslept. I had 1.5 bbq pork rolls for breakfast at Chilli Deli, St. Albans which shits all over Tan Tan bakery. Then went to Fantastic Furniture and picked up my car at Keilor Plains station that I had left over night. It was a 37 degree day and I was dreading getting into my car. I opened the door. Standing a couple steps back from the car I could already feel the surge of hot air against my skin. Ugh.

I drove home and napped again. Woke up to my sister who prepared me a steak sanga. Then left to meet up with Phuong and Ace who were drinking up at a Cairnlea park. Ahh high school days when we didnt have a house or a room to drink at because our parents would get angry...  the stars where visible and the weather at 12am was nice and cool. we left when they couldnt drink any more cider.


___________________________


I went with Bard to get a shisha hit and actually got to know the guy. He's completely turned around my first impressions of him being a superficial, cool guy tech-head. He was telling me about his travels and unexpected adventures with random locals and it makes me want to go to America. We did a kebab run where I paid $10 for a Hawaiian kebab (complete with pineapple, chicken, mushroom, capsicum and garlic sauce). It weighed 1 kg and I didnt finish it.


___________________________


So my work place is most likely going to offer me a full time position. Id rather say casual and earn more money. People talk about full time benefits such as guaranteed work hours, sick and annual leave and superannuation. But I'm rarely sick, rarely away on holiday and superannuation gets paid to me even on a casual rate. Casual rates are heaps more and for the guaranteed hours, if they are prepared to offer me full time then that means the full time hours are there. I like the flexibility and unpredictability of a casual job. I liked working more than one job and switching shit around so every week was different.

I worked at another store on friday. I did 10-1:30pm at Melbourne central and spent my 30 minute lunch break making my way to spencer street and doing 2-5pm there. Technically, I worked all day with no break, food or even water. My stupid water bottle spilt everywhere on the train journey to work and i couldnt fill up at work because there's sand in that water.

I felt good working at Spencer street. The manager there was very grateful and she wanted me to come back because she thought I was a strong worker. All I did was unpacked stock and was dealing with customers minimally, but she still saw the good in me. It's difficult to find good workers, even weeding them out through the interview process. You won't know a person's shit until they're actually employed and working for two weeks.

I saw my godsister that day who is 3 years younger and has always been innocent. She grew up with strict filo parents who sadly divorced. Natalie is now manager of YD and is all tattooed up with long bleached hair and tight clothing wearing. She's totally different. She makes me think, fuck if she dont give a fuck about being precious with her body and holding back on tattoos then what am I waiting for???

____________________________


I'm using my design knowledge for evil because I do NOT want to pay full fare for public transport. that shit is a rip! I just hope i dont get caught out.

No comments:

Post a Comment