Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Grey

We were lining up at Village Cinemas when I see my high school friend Tan behind the counter. YES! Hook ups. Networking is good because people can benefit off each other and favours are returned. I had a one in three chance of being served by Tan. He called me over. YES! Tan gave me a discount.. charged us $11 instead of $18.50 per ticket. Village Cinemas made a $15 loss because Tan wanted to give me a discount.

I give free or heavily discounted drinks at Jwow to people I like. I tell em to come in and we can do free shots. Sometimes I feel bad because Jwow is the one suffering for my benefit. It's not really my property to give away freely.. and i get all the credit.

But you know what?? This is our stance against power structures and monopoly. We feed off the riches of other people and thats how this world works.

The movie 'The Grey' wih Liam Neeson was rated 7.5/10 by Imdb. I trust the ratings on Imdb. The movie is soooo similiar to 'Alive' that it was almost predictable when it came to the emotions the characters experienced after the crash. Liam Neeson and survivors have to fight off a pack of wolves just to keep alive long enough to hopefully be saved.

The movie is sooooo suspenseful. I was twitching, cringing, covering my eyes, whimpering. I kept saying 'oh know he's gonna die' or 'I betcha THAT guys the next one to go'. The plane crash scene is amazing. I really felt I was there and seeing the rest of the movie made me cold so I had to half put on a jacket on top of my Nikey Sauna Suit jacket.

I feel Liam Neeson's character in this movie was too much of a sikunt. Tough guy, wise guy, swearing when Neeson started off as a genuine actor. Now he's been what I call 'Americanized' (with a 'z'). This reminds me of the unnecessarily aggressive outburst that Samuel L. Jackson made in 'Snakes On A Plane' that actually had me and Kathy giggling. 'Get these MUTHA FUCKING snakes off this MUTHAFUCKING PLANE!'

I enjoyed this movie, even though I did check my facebook three times throughout the film. It doesnt mean it was a boring movie, it just means I'm addicted to facebook. I like movies that mess with my emotions and this one did.. although one emotion in particular - fear, fear for the unknown/future of these characters. The movie has a lot to do with death.. kinda depressing and probably not the perfect choice of movie for today. The ending is a good one, its one of them open to interpretation endings.


________________________


I voiced my intentions to Jess that I will bleach my hair platnum blonde yesterday. She said to me early in the morning today 'Jen, I've decided that you should bleach you're hair blonde'. Haha. thanks for your support. I went to a hair dressers in Spencer street s/c today who quoted me $217 for almost platnum blonde hair.. oh but I get a 20% discount because I work in the centre (starting from 3 days ago) HOOKUPS. It will take 2.5hours... and did I want to do it today?? oh shit...!! I love impulsive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment